16 Oct 2020
Anti-Slavery Day 2020
Here at Mane, we are committed to preventing slavery and human trafficking throughout our operations and business partners. We are always pushing to ensure we operate our business to the highest professional and ethical standards. Therefore, we are once again supporting Anti-Slavery Day which falls on Sunday 18th October 2020.
Anti-Slavery Day provides an opportunity to raise awareness of modern slavery and encourages us to do what we can to address the problem. It is estimated that 40.4 million victims are in forced labour every year, with an estimated 136,000 victims in the UK alone. Thus, highlighting the importance of raising awareness so that this problem can be addressed.
At Mane Contracts we have a number of policies and processes to develop a zero-tolerance approach to slavery and human trafficking. These include but are not limited to:
- Commitment to providing equality of opportunity
- Being a socially responsible organisation
- Measures to combat corruption and bribery
- Whistle-blowing procedures
- Ethical trading principles
- Employee code of conduct
- Company values embedded in our business
- Employee, Client and Candidate Charters
- Commitment to the GLAA’s Construction Protocol
- Improving employee awareness and communicating to our stakeholders
- Risk management
We also continually conduct risk assessments of our anti-slavery and human trafficking compliance in order to understand where we may need to take further action to improve detection and prevention.
We recognise that effective prevention of slavery and human trafficking is an ongoing exercise therefore we will continue to focus on the development of our policies and procedures to help do our bit to combat modern slavery.