29 Oct 2020
Fairness, Diversity and Inclusion
Fairness and Inclusion
In order for our business to excel, and to be able to provide a service beyond reproach to both clients and candidates, it is important that our own employees come from a mixture of cultures and backgrounds.
We are committed to ensuring that there is equality of opportunity for our own people, as much as we are for our contractors and candidates. We are a meritocracy, but it takes more than that. We support our people to be the best version of themselves that they can be.
Mane is committed to inclusion, fairness, equality and diversity. We have promised to:
- Respect individual difference and actively look to benefit from the different perspectives individuals have.
- Connect and engage with diverse candidate pools and encourage their engagement.
- Independently review, each year, our internal employment procedures to eliminate any unconscious bias.
- Only work with employers who promote similarly high standards in Equality and Diversity.
- Collaborate with industry bodies and others to eradicate discrimination.
- Train our staff, whatever their level of seniority, to ensure that they are properly executing the policies we have in place, and to help them to develop personally in this area.
A Proud recruiter - LGBTQ+
Mane is committed to promoting an inclusive environment for all employees, contractors and candidates regardless of their sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Nobody should have to face unseen challenges or internal fear. Neither should anyone have to hide who they are in order to progress.
Despite much work in this area, many within the LGBTQ+ community feel that the rail and construction industry is not as accessible to them as other industries and that the focus is often on other areas of diversity.
For this reason, Mane has created an LGBTQ+ affinity group. It provides opportunities for our consultants and support staff to come together to consider and work together on efforts to maintain a strong LGBTQ+ focus within our company, but also in how we can support the community and clients in this area. We actively advertise in LGBTQ+ media in order to promote the rail industry and encourage applications and support the Stonewall Diversity Champions programme.
We work with organisations where we:
- Get to know your business
- Openly discuss LGTQ+ inclusion
- Arrange a meeting with your diversity lead
- Offer support and training
- Celebrate wins
Disability Confident Employer
We are proud to have been confirmed as a Disability Confident employer.
As a Disability Confident employer we have committed to:
- Ensuring our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- Communicating and promoting vacancies
- Offering an interview to disabled people
- Anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required
- Supporting any existing employee who acquires a disability or long term health condition, enabling them to stay in work
- At least one activity that will make a difference for less-abled people