13 Dec 2019
Christmas Jumper day 2019
We are proud to announce our partnership with the charity CLIC Sargent, who support children, young adults and their families in the fight against cancer.⠀
Since partnering with such a notable cause, we’ve held quiz nights and given all proceeds from our Christmas Jumper day to CLIC Sargent. This is just the beginning.
How does CLIC Sargent help?
- Their care teams provide specialist support, tailored to families’ needs
- Home away from homes creates a haven for patients and families during cancer treatment
- Award-winning information advising and guiding people going through and after treatment
- CLIC Sargent’s nurse teams provide personal care and support at home
- Award grants help families secure the benefits they’re entitled to in order to deal with the costs of cancer
- Champion children’s voices to politicians and campaign for policy change
There are many ways in which people can fundraise. A few ideas are:
- Ask friends and family to donate money instead of birthday gifts
- Organise coffee mornings
- Organise office tournaments like a football match
- Ask your manager if the company operates a match giving scheme, where they match the amount you raise
Anything as little as £4 pays for a CLIC Sargent storybook explaining childhood cancer to children. The likes of £3,155 could fund CLIC Sargent’s information service for a week, providing young cancer patients and their families, with expert advice on everything to do with life during and after treatment.
Mane is continuing to run Friday fun quizzes every 2-3 weeks and will donate the funds.
Anything we collect up to Christmas, we’ll be donating in shopping vouchers so that CLIC’s social workers can pass these onto parents who may be struggling with the cost of travel, accommodation and taking time off work to care for their child in addition to them buying Christmas presents.
In the New Year, we have a number of fundraisers coming up and have set a target of £2000 on our Just Giving page. https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/mane-contract-services-ltd
CLIC Sargent is a registered charity, registered in England and Wales (1107328) and Scotland (SC039857)